StratCommRx, a strategic communications firm located in Kirkwood, MO, has one opening for a paid intern. The position will start mid/late September 2016.
About this opportunity: The successful candidate will take on internal tasks and provide support for client-facing work as needed. The ability to learn quickly and keep up with ongoing projects is critical. Responsibilities in this small, dynamic office could include, but are certainly not limited to: Meeting planning, administrative duties, research, media outreach, writing and editing.
Who should apply: Undergraduate/graduate college students, recent graduates and/or those looking to gain additional experience in the communications/consulting field are encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate will posses the following attributes:
- Approachability and customer focus: A friendly person, dedicated to meeting expectations and gaining/maintaining trust and rapport with internal and external audiences; trustworthy and eager to successfully complete all tasks assigned. Comfortable in a small, open office environment.
- Intellectual horsepower and agility: A bright individual, capable of learning quickly and owning new tasks with minimal oversight, comfortable with change and able to adapt.
- Organization and process management skills: Experience in an office setting preferred. Ability to successfully manage time, move seamlessly between projects and meet deadlines is required. Efficient; able to anticipate potential concerns and address them without delay.
- Written and verbal communication skills: A strong writer and communicator, able to convey ideas in writing and in-person. Interested in honing these skill and eager to learn more about the communications field.
- Computer savvy: Able to effectively use Microsoft Office programs, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel, as well as key social media tools, and to quickly learn to navigate internal office operating systems. StratCommRx runs on Apple platforms. Familiarity with file sharing and storage systems, such as Dropbox, is a plus.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.